Located 40km from Lyon, in Ain, our territory from Pérouges to Bugey is easily accessible because it is ideally served by various means of transport. Once there, a vehicle will still be necessary because our territory is vast to discover!
From Pérouges to Bugey is served by the A42 motorways from Lyon, A40 from Geneva or Mâcon, A39 from Strasbourg, A6 from Paris and A7 from Marseille.
Some ideas for trips:
- Lyon to Pérouges or Meximieux: 40 min (40 km)
- Lyon to Ambérieu-en-Bugey: 50 min (57 km)
- Lyon to Montagnieu: 50 min (65 km)
- Lyon to Chaley: 1 hour (80 km)
Daily connections from Lyon with the stations:
- from Ambérieu-en-Bugey – 25 minutes (for direct journeys) – One train every hour
- from Meximieux-Pérouges – between 17 minutes (for direct journeys) and 30 minutes – a train every 1 to 2 hours
- from Saint-Rambert-en-Bugey – 35 minutes (be careful, few trains per day)
- from Tenay – 40 minutes (be careful, few trains per day)
- Paris is 2h30 from Ambérieu-en-Bugey for the shortest journeys.
- Geneva is 1h30 from Ambérieu-en-Bugey with a direct train.
You can check the timetables on the website of YES.sncf.
Many regional trains connect Ambérieu-en-Bugey to Annecy, Aix-les-Bains, Grenoble… You can consult the timetables on the website TER Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.
Access map from Meximieux-Pérouges station to the medieval city on foot
To discover the medieval city of Pérouges from the train.
The car.ain.fr network serves our territory with several more or less regular lines. By going to the Grand Site website, you can make your journey and know your stops.
You will find the timetables of the main lines by consulting the links below:
- Line n°127 from Ambérieu-en-Bugey to Bourg-en-Bresse: schedule
- Line n°132 which connects Lyon to Meximieux in 1h10: schedule
- Line n°137 from Ambérieu-en-Bugey to Nantua: schedule
- Line n°140 from Ambérieu-en-Bugey to Hauteville-Lompnes: schedule
- Line n°149 from Ambérieu-en-Bugey to Lhuis: schedule
The city of Ambérieu-en-Bugey offers a public transport service: the TAM network offers several lines to be found on the Ambérieu-en-Bugey website.
Airport Lyon Sant-Exupery is 35 minutes from our territory by car. It connects more than 130 direct destinations. Car rentals are available on site. The airport is also linked to the Gare de Lyon by public transport.
The department references all the department's travel systems on http://www.mobilite-ain.fr/ (be careful, it stings the eyes a little). You can enter the site "as a guest" at the very bottom of the login page.